ABOUT CREATIVE ENERGY CANDLES + OUR INGREDIENTS
What exactly are Creative Energy Candles? How are they different from regular scented candles?
- Creative Energy Candles are 2-in-1 candles that, when melted, create an aromatherapy experience and a warm lotion at the same time. They look and function like a normal scented candle, but they are cosmetic grade quality so that the melted “wax” (lotion) can be used as a moisturizer on all skin types. They burn at a skin-safe temperature and are created with your body AND your home in mind.
How are your candles made?
- Our candles are handmade in Columbia, South Carolina. We do everything from melting and scenting the wax, to pouring, wicking, packaging, and shipping right from our female-led workspace.
How do I use the lotion in Creative Energy Candles?
- Once your candle’s top layer has evenly melted, blow out the flame and use your fingers or a spoon to get the melted lotion out. We love to use our lotion candles after a shower or bath, as a massage oil, or as a pampering treat after a long day.
What ingredients do you use in your lotion candles?
- We are proud to say that our candles are made of 100% Soybean wax, Certified Organic extra virgin coconut oil, Vitamins A, E, & K, and blends of essential oils. That’s it!
What is the difference between essential and fragrance oils?
- Essential oils are derived from organic plant matter. They are the “essence” of the plant from which they come, meaning that they reflect the strongest scent of the plant. Fragrance oils can be made naturally or synthetically and are chemical scent compounds, not made from the actual plant. We choose to use essential oils because of their organic, pure quality. In addition, fragrance oils have been linked with skin irritation/dryness and hormone disruption -- we do not want to put them on our bodies!
Is your soy wax non-GMO?
- No, there is no such thing as non-GMO soy wax. There is currently no “non-GMO” certification available for soy products from the FDA or USDA. Unfortunately, due to cross-contamination in the U.S., there is no guarantee that any soy can be non-GMO. So, there is an inability to confidently call soy non-GMO. However, we always try to choose the highest quality ingredients available and maintain transparency about them. (source)
How are Creative Energy Candles good for my skin?
- Our ingredients have natural properties that promote a healthy moisture balance, deter aging, and add to the skin’s elasticity. This is due to the presence of vitamins A, E, and K, as well as antioxidants and minerals.
Can I use any soy candle on my skin?
- No, not all soy candles are created equally. It is important to use a 2-in1 lotion candle because it has been formulated specifically for the skin and has been tested to ensure safety. We use cosmetic grade soy wax, which has the same quality standard as makeup. We also add organic extra virgin coconut oil, which enhances the moisturizing ability of Creative Energy Candles.
Will the lotion burn my skin?
- Of course not! The soy wax we use melts at a lower temperature than other waxes – around 105°F. Warm enough to be soothing, but not hot enough to be dangerous.
Who shouldn’t use Creative Energy Candles on their skin?
- Due to the soy wax content, anyone with a soy allergy should not use the candle lotion on their skin. However, our candles are safe for use on sensitive skin.
CANDLE SPECIFICS AND USE
How can I take care of my candle to make sure it reaches maximum burn time?
- We’re glad you asked! There are a few things you can do to take care of your candle, check them out here.
How do I use any leftover wax/lotion after my wick has burned down?
- Our glass jar candles can be microwaved to melt the wax and then used as lotion like normal. Our tin candles can be placed on a hot plate to melt the wax or you can scoop out the remaining wax into a microwave-safe bowl and heat. To clean the containers for reuse, you can put them in the dishwasher or hand wash with dish soap.
Are your candles environmentally friendly?
- Yes! All of our ingredients are natural, including the wick (which is cotton). Our packaging is recyclable and the containers can be re-purposed. For ideas on how to upcycle your candle jar, check out our blog post.
Creative Energy Candles Disclaimer
All facts, details & recommendations on our website are provided for information purposes only and are not intended to diagnose, prescribe or replace the advice of professionals.
Customer feedback is provided voluntarily, and as such it is based on individual perception & expectations from a particular product.
Natural skin care products are not a medication, and we can only make recommendation for suitability of our products in certain skin ailments & conditions. Any recommendations accepted by a purchaser are accepted entirely at the purchasers risk.
By purchasing our products you accept responsibility to check with a professional before using any products that may interfere with drugs or medical conditions.
By purchasing our products you recognise and accept the fact that that some natural ingredients, essential oils in particular, may still cause sensitivity in suseptible individuals and that Creative Energy Candles will not be held responsible for such occurences. We encourage those with sensitive skin to select our unscented products.
Creative Energy Candles accepts no responsibility for incorrect use of information or products.
Creative Energy Candles accepts no responsibility for coconut, soy and essential oil allergies.
Creative Energy Candles products have been lab tested by Intertek, Inc
BY ORDERING FROM OUR WEBSITE YOU CONFIRM YOU HAVE READ THIS DISCLAIMER!
The information on this website has been compiled from published sources and is provided only as a guide. The customer should always take full responsibility on their choices to satisfy themselves as to the ultimate suitability of a product for an intended internal use or external application. Creative Energy Candles accepts no liability in the unlikely event of an adverse reaction occurring when using one of its products.